Monday, May 30, 2005

Sunday blog-walk on Monday

The long weekend held surprises and socializing, so my Sunday blog-walk is late. I ended up spending part of the morning with a news crew from Jacksonville’s ABC and NBC affiliate First Coast News. They came to tape the poem I wrote for W. Thomas Smith, Jr. as a Memorial Day Tribute.

Blogs continue to fascinate me. Rachel Dacus has a new poetry collection out from well-regarded publisher David Robert Books. Femme au chapeau has been praised by both Rhina Espaillat and Ruth Daigon. I’ve read Rachel’s work for years, and she never disappoints. She's one of those poets who practices scholarship, but who also writes poems that are accessible on many levels.

I discovered Anne Haines’s blog Land Mammal. She’s the sort of person I’d like to know, maybe share a cup of coffee or glass of wine with. I don’t know her other than through her blog, but she writes beautifully.

Poetry Hut Blog offers news items, photos and commentary. Neat place for a stroll.

Finally, there’s a new chapter up at my free book-on-a-blog, One Night for Life.

So go forth and go blog-wild.

And that’s a wrap for this week’s walk.

2 comments:

Anne Haines said...

Kay, thanks for your kind words! If you're ever in southern Indiana, drop me a note and we'll have that cup of coffee or glass of wine.

Kay Day said...

Anne, I'll surely do it, and the same goes for you if you're in Jacksonville. I enjoy your writing.

Best regards,Kay Day