Thursday, May 26, 2005

Gifting a poem, Pt. II

Last week, I wrote a poem for an author I admire. I gave him the poem, rights and all. I've never done that before. All is explained in the post Gifting a poem.

I've known W. Thomas Smith, Jr., for years, and I've always admired his courage, whether he was fighting for his country in a foreign land or fighting for his country by covering tragedies like 9-11 firsthand. As a Southerner, I'm aware of a long military tradition in my region. And of course, Beowulf is one of my all-time favorite works. That epic has always influenced my thinking. Having written a poem about the foe Grendel many years ago, it seems fitting to finally write a poem about a modern-day warrior, in the interest of balance.

So it gives me great pleasure to share that the poem Battle Cry is published at Military Week.

To learn more about Thomas, visit W. Thomas Smith, Jr.

1 comment:

Kay Day said...

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for visiting my pages.
best, Kay Day