Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Author on Skates

The pre-release launch is a done deal, and the tour is heating up. The last 2 days have been a whirlwind of activity. We’re booking events daily, so I ended up changing my author calendar to a 2-month format. It just wasn’t logical to cram so much information into a single page. I’ve also created a tour page where you can see photos of my stops along the way, and some notes about my events.

Today is a busy day because I’m preparing for a Poetry Extravaganza to be held Thursday, April 28, (7-9:15 p.m.)at the Barnes and Noble location in Mandarin. We’ll celebrate poetry’s designated month with many special guests, including Dorothy Fletcher and Janet Carr Hull. I do a special poem for National Poetry Month each year. If you’d like a sneak peek at the poem I’ll present Thursday, visit my National Poetry Month 2005 page. I always make a poem card and print it to hand out at random. Last year, I had the pleasure of seeing a news anchorwoman hold up my poem card and make nice remarks of it during the evening news.

Besides all that, I’m getting ready to head to Brunswick, Georgia, for a weekend workshop at Hattie’s Books, meeting a few reporters in-between for interviews. As president of the writers' booster club, I'm helping to plan a special residency that Pulitzer winner Franz Wright will do for Douglas Anderson School of the Arts.

Busy girl. Busy world

No comments: